Considerations for 4WD Roof Racks
4WD Roof racks Sydney
A roof rack is a great way to store items that wouldn’t fit inside the vehicle. Or just for extra storage when you run low on space.
But of course we would want to make sure we get things right with the roof rack.
Advice 4wd roof racks
• Read the instructions. Some factors in fitting a roof rack may be counterintuitive. So pay attention to the written details.
• The height clearance – you cannot drive into most low roof car parks, or some low clearance bridges with a fully loaded roof rack.
• Torque Settings. This is the force that causes rotation. A roof rack that moves from its position on the car, moves because it rotates, will cause damage.
• Protecting blots – the bolts that attach the roof rack to the car will be exposed to the elements. Grease, periodically reapplied, will prevent rusting.
• Overloading – the car will only take so much weight. This is often less than the roof rack will accommodate. Just because the roof rack is heavy duty doesn’t mean the car will take the load.
• Use help when loading and lifting things onto the roof rack. Reduce the risk of damaging your back when lifting by using help, and lifting with the legs. And reduce the risk of scratching the car paint.
• Securely tying everything down. Many items, like canoes or surfboards, will fly off the roof rack in moderate winds. Driving at moderate speed is enough to do this.
• Security. It would be easy to steal items on a roof rack if they are not under lock and key. Chains and locks or bike chains make all the difference.
Car Roof racks Sydney
We have a range of roof rack options at several outlets in Sydney. If you know your vehicles model and year of manufacture you can enter the details on our website, finding the best available options.
Car Roof racks Perth
We have a range of roof rack options at several outlets in Perth. If you know your vehicles model and year of manufacture you can enter the details on our website, finding the best available options.